Monday, February 18, 2008

Running Events

Amazingly, I'm still managing to run regularly and have got my next 10k run this Sunday. It's the Goring 10K and there's still time to enter if you're keen. This time, we're going to make a day out of it. My running partner Tony and I are dragging our families along with the promise of lunch at a local pub. If you know of anywhere nice, then let me know.

After that, I'm planning to run the Wimbledon 10K on 30th March, where Karen has also promised to enter.

And not forgetting the legendary Dovedale Dash on November 2nd. You get to run through the UK's most beautiful countryside and get soaking wet crossing the river Dove by the stepping stones. I expect everyone with a Derby connection to take part!






6 comments:

James Franco said...

I am doing the Derby 10k on April 20th, we start and finish with a lap of Pride Park.
You are more than welcome to join in if you are up this way at the time.
It will be my first competitive run of any kind, and I am quite looking forward to it.
I am doing it with a load of players from my rugby club, and we have all vowed to stick together on the run so nobody (me) gets left behind.

Tony said...

Sounds great. Am not sure I'm in Derby then - its our wedding anniversary, but would love to. However, we are in Derby over the Easter w/end, so we could go on a training run if you fancy it?

James Franco said...

If you would like to be followed round Markeaton park by a fat, sweaty man, that is panting quite heavily, that is fine by me.

Tony said...

Yes - let's do it! I'm hardly a elite athlete, so don't think you'll be trailing behind.

Silvana said...

do you think I could do it? I am only up to 3k in 20 mins

Tony said...

You'll be fine Silvana - go for it! Keep running regularly and gradually upping your time. You'll only need to keep going for an hour or so to do 10K. You need a goal to keep you motivated!