Sunday, February 10, 2008

Friday Night in Covent Garden

From St Pancras I went straight to a workshop in a venue just off Long Acre. It was a beautiful day, the weekend was upon us and so everyone was in good mood. I decided to finish the class early so everyone could grab some late afternoon sun down the pub. Made me very popular.

Met up with my old mate Cath from Nestle days. Decided that 1988 was a great year for brand management talent and helped fuel Nestle's golden period of marketing: the Gold Blend couple, The Casa Buitioni Club, Crosse and Blackwell Baked Beans. Its been downhill ever since.

Covent Garden was packed. The nice weather has brought everyone out. Plus I reckoned people have abandoned their 4 week period of abstinence. Had a great meal in Thai Pot. Even got a black cab home. I was still on expenses, after all.

No comments: