Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Becoming a Global Iconic Brand

The first thing Derby need to do is to buy a player from South East Asia. Whenever I go there, I'm amazed how up to date people are on the Premier League and they all follow an English team. Apparently in Thailand games are shown live, very late at night, and bars are packed. It causes a lot of family trouble, with wives upset at their husbands regularly being out all Saturday night.

On my last trip I was working with a guy from Hong Kong who was in his early 30s. He knew all about Derby's recent performances and the history of the club. 'I used to love Archie Gemmill' he told me.

3 comments:

James Franco said...

Everyone used to love Archie Gemmill.
My dad sits in the next office to his wife.

Tony said...

Yes - he was a great player. What's he doing now?

James Franco said...

As far as I know, he works as a talent scout for Derby.