Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Trip to Bruges

Have just come back from a 2 day trip to Bruges. A lovely town which feels very Chrismassy. The kind of place you see in old fashioned Christmas cards.

Whilst I've been away Derby have sacked and replaced their manager which was a big shock. I thought Billy Davies was irreplacable and owe my friend Rhian a fiver, who bet me that he would get sacked this season. Will Paul Jewell be a good choice? Well, he couldn't do much worse could he. Think Billy will get the Scotland job and can't help feeling that his recent comments helped engineer his dismissal.

Am currently staying a marvellous hotel called the Forbury in Reading. Fabulous decor, very luxurious and quite pricey. Thank goodness I'm not paying. Home at last tomorrow. Hurrah!

2 comments:

Silvana said...

Who is Paul Jewell? I thought we were meant to be getting Paul Ince, I know who he is.

Tony said...

He's the ex-Wigan manager. Has got a good record of keeping struggling teams up. I think Ince is an unproven manager so glad we didn't choose him.