Sunday, November 04, 2007

The Ron Hill Surrey Classic Series

Today I ran in a 10km race at Nonsuch Park near Cheam. The second of a 3 race series called the Ron Hill Surrey Classic. It's been years since I've ran this distance, but thanks to my running partner Tony, I managed to finish it. It was a pretty serious race with some very quick club runners and amazingly I wasn't last. I think there was 1 other runner behind me.

The last time I run seriously was at least 12 years ago when I worked on the Buitoni brand and we sponsored the Great North Run Pasta Party in Newcastle. I remember Daley Thompson and a young unknown Kelly Holmes were guests of honour.

The next 10km run I'm entered for is on the 23rd December, so will need to take it easy on the run-up to Christmas. The organiser of the race is based in Belper in Derbyshire. Click here for information on other races.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "boy" done well! those wee legs will be aching on Tuesday! we'll have to fit in some booze free training before the 23rd!

Tony said...

Yes - definitely need to do more training. It was painfully slow! Thanks for your support!