Saturday, November 17, 2007


How Depressing
On arriving back at St Pancras, the first thing I read in 'London Lite' was that Derby were going to sell Giles Barnes to West Ham for £5 million in January. How can we do this? He's my favourite player. I can't suddenly start hating him. How we are going to survive without players of his quality? How we are going to attract new star players if we can't hang on to our home grown talent? I saw people looking at me with pity when they saw my Derby County bobble hat. Maybe I was imagining that bit.

3 comments:

James Franco said...

Good riddance to him if you ask me.
Loads of potential, loads of ability, zero committment to Derby County.

He did very well with us to get us promoted, but knew that doing just that would put him in the shop window, that was all he was interested in.
Hopefully we can buy some useless ageing defender or centre forward with the money......

PS. We already have done. Steve howard, robert earnshaw.

Tony said...

I appreciate that we only want committed players. However, he's one of the only the few (only?) genuine talents that we have and we need players of his calibre to survive. We'll only go and waste the money on rubbish players.

James Franco said...

If you want talented players, look no further than Darren Moore. It takes a special talent to be able to kick attacking players that high in the air.