Thursday, November 16, 2006


What I'm Reading

On the flight back to London last night I started to read Peter Carey's True History of the Kelly Gang, another donation from my brother Nick. I have to say, it's a great book. I was keen to read it after having seen Sidney Nolan's amazing Ned Kelly Series when I visited the National Gallery of Australia in Canberra earlier this year.

I know Canberra gets a bad press, but I thought it was a really nice place with lots of things to do and see. Was weird to see so many kangaroos wandering around, but I guess the Aussies must be used to it.

Whilst I was there I also saw a film called Jinderbyne . I know it was critically acclaimed, but boy was it depressing. Give me Skippy any day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The True History of The Kelly Gang was near impossible to read (I found)although I've loved most Peter Carey books - he's a great story teller. A good book about early Australian convict settlers is Secret River by Kate Genville. I think you may enjoy it.