Tuesday, November 14, 2006


L'Oreal Male Models

In Finland (yes, I'm still here), Sammi Hyypia the Liverpool footballer is the face of L'Oreal. Now I know he's Finnish, but he's hardly gorgeous is he?

I can understand why they chose David Ginola as his hair was so shiny and lustrous, but I think they've taken the principle of global advertising and local execution a step too far.

If they had to a choose a footballer role model for the UK, I'd choose Sol Campbell. I met him a couple of times a year or so ago and I have to say he's a good looking boy.

If they wanted to look beyond a footballer, I'd suggest Richard Shelton the Emmerdale star. I know he's a murderer, but he's got lovely skin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sol's a good looking boy, but he hasn't got any hair. Not so good for L'Oreal.

Anonymous said...

surely he's got hair on his arse?