Monday, November 27, 2006


Dallas
I've just arrived in rainy Dallas for my last big trip of the year, staying at the Marriott in Las Colinas. The first road you see from the airport is the President George Bush Turnpike. I guess I'll need to careful what I say in my class tomorrow.

I'm convinced the Americans don't really want people to visit their country. Every official I've met has asked me when I'm going to leave, how I'm going to leave and what my return flight number is. I was let in eventually. The immigration officer looked at my documents and told me I was 'good to go'. I felt a bit like a fast food order.

I was hoping that they'd show Borat as the in-flight entertainment, but instead I watched some of Pirates of the Caribbean 2. A bit bored with Johnnie Depp's eyeliner and as usual Keira Knightley was rubbish.

Anyway I'm starving. I must order something to eat from the room service menu. As with everything in Texas, it's bound to be HUGE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tony
Have a great time in rainy Dallas. It's raining in Balham too, so you're not missing much. Thanks for the great party on Saturday - BTW -the food was magnifico! Hope the disco ball was spinning right round.
See you soon.
Ciao, Annette