Saturday, November 11, 2006


Lausanne

Back from Jakarta early Thursday morning and then off to Switzerland this evening. Briefly saw the kids to remind them that they've still got a dad.

Wasn't in Switerland for very long, but what I do remember is
a. the trains ran on time
b. the air was crisp and clean

I guess that sums up Switzerland really. Wasn't it Orson Welles in 'The Third Man' who said something like 'the only thing the Swiss invented was the cuckoo clock'. Of course, this isn't strictly true. Henri Nestle was a great chocolate pioneer.

It was also whilst working at Nestle that I met my lovely wife Karen.

I still buy Buitoni pasta whenever I can. Of all the brands I've worked on it's my favourite. Although as all Italians know, the best pasta brand in the world is da Cecco

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Tony, you can't use words like lovely in blogland...