Wednesday, November 22, 2006




Ulm

Have just been dropped off by my taxi in the German town of Ulm, famous for having the largest Gothic church spire in the world. I haven't got a clue where I am exactly. All I know is that its an hour or so from Stuttgart.

Sometimes I feel like a rock star - but without the sex, drugs and adulation. I arrive in places, do my stuff and leave as soon as possible.

The last time I was in Ulm, Italy were playing Germany in the World Cup semi final. There was big screen in the town square which was packed with excited Germans with their face paint and flags over their shoulders. Italy won near the end and the crowd were all so sad and crying. Of course I was supporting the Italians and was delighted. I almost felt sorry for Germany. Almost - but not quite.

No comments: