Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sporting Injury


I love 5 a side football and I've recently got back into it by playing with the lads from my old agency . I tend to play quite a lot of time in goal trying to recreate the glory days of my University College London performances and because I'm so unfit. I can still remember some of the saves I made on the muddy pitches of north London. I can even remember when I used to play for St Thomas More school.


However, last night trying to sprint down the wing I pulled a hamstring muscle after about 10 minutes and this morning I can hardly walk.So frustrating. Now I know how Jonny Wilksinson feels - well sort of. Hopefully it won't keep me out of action too long. I'm still nervous about the big Italian bike ride I've committed to at the end of May and need to raise my game significantly.


Lessons learnt - warm up properly before any sporting activity.

No comments: