Thursday, March 15, 2007


Blue Petergate

When I heard on the radio yesterday that Blue Peter had faked the results of a competition I nearly crashed the car. I expect politicians and big businesses to lie and deceive the public but surely not Blue Peter. Its like finding out that Mother Theresa was a mass murderer (well not quite).

Even when I was a kid Blue Peter was goody goody and Magpie was the edgy rival. Magpie had sexier female presenters, the guys had long hair and of course they had that cool theme song. I had to admit I was more of a Blue Peter fan, but when I wanted a walk on the wild side I sometimes switched to Magpie.

It hasn't been a good week for Blue Peter. One of their presenters Zoe was on the Red Nose Fame Academy and I thought she was truly awful. She should stick to the day job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think thats fair what if she is reading it she would be upset.