Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Day 2 in New York

Had a very full-on day but really enjoyed it. Two things that I admire about Americans. Firstly, their self-confidence. They're not afraid to voice their opinions and express themselves which I find very refreshing. Secondly, their politeness. I've found that Amercians always do their best to be helpful and friendly. Even in Borat, they were never really rude to him despite his provocation.


Managed to squeeze in a bit of shopping this evening - don't have much free time. Ended up going to Niketown on the very posh 57th street where I bought Karen, Mae and Lia their Summer trainers. Hope they fit. Hope everyone likes them. Surprised to see a couple of Pret a Mangers near my hotel. Had no idea that they'd hit New York.


Caught a bit of American Idol on TV. Simon Cowell is clearly the star of the show. Plus a bit of House with Hugh Laurie. Hurrah for the Brits.

No comments: