Monday, February 12, 2007


What I'm Listening To

The Good the Bad and the Queen: Damon Albarn's latest outfit. Much better than his Gorillaz stuff
The View: Scottish version of the Arctic Monkeys, only not as good, although I do like the lead singer's voice
The Decemberists: The Word magazine keeps on plugging them and I think 'The Crane Wife' is really enjoyable. Well done The Word. Worth subscribing to for the free CD alone!
Adriano Celentano: Birthday present from my friend Sally who loves going to Puglia for her hols. (where my mum comes from) Easygoing Italian pop
Tracey Thorn: I love her voice and am listening to Everything But the Girl and an old Marine Girls cassette that I had when I was an 80s student.
Dustin O'Halloran: perfect de-stress piano solos
Jarvis Cocker's latest: prefer this to most of the Pulp stuff.

1 comment:

Tony said...

Comment from my daughter Mae (aged 9)
'Were you alive in the 80s?'