Tuesday, February 20, 2007


Moscow

Arrived in Moscow yesterday and boy is it cold. Minus 19. Had to go for a brief walk in the evening to get to our restaurant and nearly froze.

So far its been a fascinating trip. You get the impression that life is changing very quickly in Russia. There's a feel of rampant materialism everythere. New bars, new designer shops, new restaurants keep appearing and old ugly Soviet buildings are being torn down. People like to show off their new found wealth and there's no shortage of bling, fur coats and expensive cars on the streets. In fact there are so many cars that the traffic in Moscow is incredibly bad - the worst I've ever seen.

People say that Russian women are the most beautiful in the world and I can see why. They do like to dress up and enjoy the nightlife. They're attracted by money and wealthy Western men do get a lot of attention. (No me, I might add)

Off out again tonight - they're great hosts - and no doubt we'll go to a fancy restaurant, where I'll feel terribly dressed down. Not been round Red Square yet. Hope we don't end up drinking late night vodkas as have got a busy day tomorrow. Not been great for my fitness campaign. WIll need to catch up when I get home later this week.

No comments: