Monday, February 12, 2007


Richmond Park

Went out for a ride around Richmond Park with my fanatical cycling friends yesterday to try out my lovely new bike. 3 circuits (18ish miles). Was a bit knackering but much easier and more fun that my old bike.

There were literally hundreds of people out cycling yesterday. I didn't realise how popular cycling was and how much technical jargon is involved. Once they get started, bike enthusiasts can go on for hours talking about shimano vs campagnola brakes, cleats vs toe straps, aluminium vs carbon fibre frames, Big Mig vs Indurain. Am doing my best to keep up and stay interested.

My bike is still in the lounge as I don't want it to get wet outside. Causing a bit of grief with Karen. Luckily she's in Poland this week, so it can stay there for the time being. Not sure for how long though.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Hi Tony

How are you. Just been checking out your blog. Met up with Helen Faulkner last night and she told me about your blog and as I have never seen a blog before thought I would check it out - so have looked at yours and Chris Evans today (yours is better but don't tell Chris Evans that!!) By the way (in case anyone reads this - went to Sherpa Kitchen in Esher for dinner - Nepalese food and would highly recommend it - rather tasty!). Hope life is good with you. Lots of love

Cheryl