Monday, September 24, 2007

New York, New York

Its 1.30am. I've just arrived in New York and am staying in the Michelangelo Hotel which appears to be modelled on a poshTuscan villa. Quite a coincidence in that I stayed near Caprese the town where Michelangelo was born in Tuscany only last Wednesday.

Will be here for 3 days before I fly straight to Dublin for a meeting. Its always exciting being in New York. Not sure how much time I'll have to look around but will try. Flew with Virgin Atlantic in Upper Class which was great. I love the Virgin Lounge in terminal 3 at Heathrow. Could spend all day in there.

Saw Hot Fuzz which is in many ways the perfect airline movie. Non-demanding, funny and very English, which along with pie and mash for supper made for a very pleasant journey. Must try and get some kip. Have got an 8.00 am meeting tomorrow. Plus, want to find time for a huge breakfast in a New York Diner and watch the commuters. Always a highlight.

No comments: