Thursday, September 13, 2007

I Love Radio 4

Whilst I'm writing this in my hotel room in Schiphol, I'm listening to Radio 4 via my laptop. Forget the multichannel tv and the movie menu, this is the best form of in-room entertainment there is. The Archers, Just a Minute, Front Row, The Afternoon Play...the list is endless. All free, all fabulous and now with 'Listen Again' it can go on forever.

Whenever I hear those familiar voices I'm immediately reminded of home and I get a warm glow inside. God bless the BBC!

4 comments:

Silvana said...

I love Radio 4. Easpecially on a Sunday. Can't bear more than 10 minutes at a time of Radio 1. You know what it means though - we are old!

Tony said...

Yes, you're right. I can't stand any of the music stations. The only other station I listen to is Radio 5 live and occasionally Radio 2 on Saturday morning when Jonathan Ross is on.

James Franco said...

Radio 2 rocks.

I love Terry in the Morning, Ken Bruce at 9.30- especially Pop master.
Steve Wright in the afternoon, then Chris Evans at 5.

Radio 4 at 6.30 for Just a Minute.

Can you tell I spend a lot of my time in the car listening to the radio.

Tony said...

James - do you do any work?