Saturday, May 12, 2007


What I'm Reading

Nowadays I tend to buy books at airports and am usually in a rush. If in doubt, I often turn to Iain Banks. Am currently reading his latest book 'The Steep Approach to Garbadale' and I'm really enjoying it. I know that I'll feel disappointed rather than relieved when I've finish it.

I've read about 6 of his books and I've enjoyed all of them. I loved his first book the Wasp Factory which I read years ago. The plots and settings are all very different. However, they're always gritty, unpretentious with really believable characters.

What's even more impressive about Iain Banks is that he also writes science fiction under the name of Iain M. Banks. I've not read any of them, but people tell me they're really good. I'll try one of these next.

No comments: