Saturday, May 19, 2007


Off to Italy
Tomorrow morning I'm flying to Genoa with 3 friends for a few days cycling in the Ligurian countryside. I've packed my racer, my padded shorts and am all set. Am a bit worried about the trip as:
- these guys are serious cyclists and regularly undertake long arduous bike rides.
- we're staying in the mountains. The main road out of the village has a 17 km climb.
Still, it'll be great to be in Italy. I know I've going to feel completely knackered, but no doubt we'll have a few laughs along the way, probably at my expense as well as loads of great food and drink.
On Tuesday, we'll be able to see a stage of the Giro d'Italia which will be passing near where we're staying. Apparently its a hugely popular Tour de France style race. Shows how much I know.
Won't be taking my laptop with me. Hope I have the strength to tap my keyboard on my return.

2 comments:

James Franco said...

Anthony,
After a few days cycling in the alps, it wont be your fingers that are tired!!
Have fun, and don't forget the rubber ring to sit on in the evening.

Silvana said...

Good for you Anthony! Have a lovely time. I meanwhile, will be on a sun lounger by the pool in Spain. Hurrah!