Saturday, January 27, 2007

Fitness Update

Its almost the end of January and usually the week where resolutions get broken. Well, so far I've lost 7lbs in weight. A long way to go, but doing OK. I'm going to be in the USA this week, which will be the true test where jeg lag disorientates you and food portions are so big.

To get fit you need targets and I've got 2. Target 1 is our China holiday in April, where we're going to Hainan Island. Gotta look good for the beach. Target 2 is a tough one. A long weekend cycling in the mountains of Liguria at the end of May

I've got some friends who are serious cyclists who invited me along. They've got all the gear, several racing bikes and think nothing of 100 mile bike rides. Last weekend I went on a 20 mile warm-up ride and it nearly killed me.

I'm going to have to get a new racing bike. My normal bike which I bought in the Halfords sale simply won't make it. When I was a kid my favourite racer was a Merican. I think they're still going, but don't think I can afford one.

And of course, will need to get all the fancy lycra.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We want explicit pictures, of the bike.