Monday, January 29, 2007

Dallas

Arrived this afternoon on a beautiful day in Dallas. Clear blue sky, bright sun, chilly but no wind. So nice that I went for a 50 minute gentle jog around the lake near my hotel. Flight was 12 hours but it wasn't too stressful. Saw 'Starter For Ten' - easy and enjoyable - and listened to some new music on my iPod. Started reading William Boyd's latest novel Restless which so far is really good. Looking forward to reading it later



As I had a bit of time, I decided to visit the Sixth Floor Museum in downtown Dallas. This is the building where Lee Harvery Oswald allegedly shot JFK. Really enjoyed it. Saw lots of great archive footage, photos and memorablia and the exact spot where Oswald was perched when he was looking out of the 6th floor window. The museum doesn't hide from the controversy of his death and lays out all the evidence before you and I have to say it all seems a bit fishy.

Afterwards I had a good walk around the Grassy Knoll and the spot where he was shot. Was quite spooky.

No comments: