Monday, January 28, 2008

Lovely Day For a Long Run

Yesterday was a crisp sunny day. The perfect conditions for a 10km across the Epsom Downs. the Perch IX is a really enjoyable event and recommended for anyone who is vaguely interested in running. The course is quite demanding, but is very pretty and very varied with great views over London. It starts off at Epsom Race Course. The going was good and no, we didn't have to jump over any of the fences. Luckily nobody fell over and had to be shot.

The results are out and I finished 543 out of 561, which fulfilled my ambition of not finishing last. There was a bit of a party atmosphere afterwards where music was blaring out over the loudspeakers and we were given water, mini Mars bars and our souvenir t-shirt.

Need to book in my next race soon to keep up the momentum. I can't believe I'm actually enjoying all this running.

No comments: