Saturday, January 19, 2008

Is the New iPhone Any Good?


I don't own one but have played with a couple that my friends have bought. So far, I'm not convinced that it is. Of course, the touch-screen user interface is very cool. However, I don't think the key features (camera, video, diary, etc) are any better than a lot of phones you get today and I don't think the keyboard is that easy to use. I'm sure there will be better versions in the future, so I'll hold back for now.

However, the new iPod Touch IS really cool. It's slim, has the same amazing touch screen as the iPhone and is a genuine improvement on the previous model.

2 comments:

James Franco said...

I phone is the must have gadget, but you are right to hold off.
A new release will happen soon, with 3G and a better camera.
There are far better phones around at the moment, The Nokia N95 8gb is leading the way, with a couple of others close behind.

The I-Phone is a marketing success, although numbers havent been as strong as expected due to the outrageous pricing- £269 for the phone, then a minimum tariff of at least £40 pcm.

I would wait, there are some good phones on the horizon that out do the I-phone.

Tony said...

My friends who've bought it think its the best phone ever, but they are techno-geeks and in love with Apple.