Friday, August 10, 2007

Holiday in Italy


Just back from a fabulous 2 week holiday in Italy. We spent the first week on the Tuscany - Umbria border between Anghiari and Sansepolcro. Brought back lots of memories as I used to visit the Buitoni factory in Sansepolcro many years ago when I worked on the brand.


Stayed in a lovely house and went to lots of great restaurants including Castello di Sorci, one of my favourites.

Had another trip down memory lane in week 2 when we stayed near Pisa. Went to Torre del Lago, where we used to go when I was a kid, Viareggio and of course the Leaning Tower.

What was amazing was that everything seemed pretty much the same, even though I hadn't been back for a long time - the food the beaches, the ice cream, the towns
Really enjoyable.

One day I'd love to have my own house in Italy and spend the whole of the Summer there.



2 comments:

James Franco said...

We are all off to Torre Del Lago on 6th September for a week.
Going with my parents, wife and daughter, Sister, and another few people.
It will be just like the old days.

We should never have sold the Villa.

Tony said...

Yes, shame we don't have it any more. Couldn't bring myself to have a look at it when I was there. Have a great time. Suggest you got to Marina di Vecchianno (I think) as a change. Nice smaller beach, on the way to Pisa