Monday, June 18, 2007

Germany Day 1

Have just landed in Germany which will be my home for the rest of the week. Am staying in Dusseldorf until Thursday and then off to Hamburg. My first ever visit to Dusseldorf and I haven't got a clue where it is exactly and what its like. Must find out more to aid my lunchtime chitchat.

Am running the same workshop for 4 days. My challenge is to encourage my German attendees to think more creatively, which should be fun. Same material, different faces. A bit like being in a Rock band I guess but without the cheering and groupies. I definitely won't be doing any encores. 5pm and I'm off. Will try and go for a run every night if I can. Hopefully I won't get asked for dinner.

Staying in a pleasant nH hotel. They've left 2 pieces of chocolate on my pillow and I've eaten them both. Flew economy class in Lufthansa and the food was a bit stingy. I find those grey leather seats so depressing. I don't know why.

I'm just about to read Sarah Waters The Night Watch before I go to bed, on Karen's recommendation. Have just read the backcover blurb and it sounds like its set in wartime. Hardly appropriate is it?

2 comments:

James Franco said...

Every time I hear Dusseldorf, it makes me think of Auf Wiedersehn Pet.

Tony said...

Will look out for Jimmy Nail