Thursday, June 21, 2007





Day 4 Germany


Have just landed in Hamburg, the 2nd and final stop stay in Germany. One more session and I fly hope tomorrow night. Hamburg is much more happening than Dusseldorf. An staying in one of those trendy minimalist hotels with 'Buddha Bar' style music in reception and very low lights. My room is so minimal I've only just worked out where the door to the bathroom is. Still can't find the wardrobe.


The key things I've learnt about Germans so far are;


1. The trendiest band amongst young people is Tokio Hotel . I've never heard of them, but apparently their fans scream Beatles-style when they're in concert. I guess they'll arrive in the UK at some point.

2. Facial hair is still cool. At least one guy in each workshop had a beardy look and there were also a couple of moustaches.

3. Loads of people smoke. The airport cafes and restaurants were full of smokers and lots of people kept nipping outside on the terrace next to our meeting room for a quick fag during breaks.

4. Sandwiches are always cut diagonally and have a cocktail stick in them. A bit like a single decker Club Sandwich.

Shall I nip down to the minimal bar for a minimal beer? Probably not. Still need to find my wardrobe.

No comments: