Thursday, December 28, 2006

Top 5 Kids' Christmas Presents

Over Christmas I've seen loads of kids' presents being unwrapped and played with. I reckon these are the most popular presents this year.

1. Nintendo DS

Apparently these becoming as popular with the over 60s as they are with young kids, particularly the games that require mental challenges. The modern day version of the crossword. I know the Nintendo Wii is in short supply, but I reckon its adults and not kids who want them, whereas every kid wants a DS

2. iPod Nano

I still can't see an MP3 player to seriously challenge the iPod. I know that phones can play music, but nothing is quite as cool, dinky and easy as the iPod - especially if you've already got an iTunes library already set up.
3. High School Musical DVD

Have seen it at least 3 times so far. Young girls love it. Reminds me a lot of 'Fame'. Has been a big hit for Disney.

4. Doctor Who Stuff

Remote control daleks have been difficult to find in the shops over Christmas. Same voice, same catchphrase, same problem with climbing stairs.




5. Blue Peter Annual

Still as popular as ever and the formula remains pretty much the same. My daughter Mae got a Blue Peter badge for sending in a poem. She's very proud of it and secretly I'm a bit jealous.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the Guiness Book of Records-always a favourite every year

Anonymous said...

Wait for the iPhone Ant, then it's game over for all other music phones (though i do still hold a strong love for this old warhorse.

Tony said...

Yes you're right. Forgot about the Guinness Book of Records - was really popular. Look forward to the iPhone. When is it due? Has been talked about for a long time