Wednesday, December 13, 2006


Helsinki Again

Am staying in the Radisson hotel by the seaside in Helsinki in Room 711, yet another brand name disguised as a room number. I didn't realise that Helsinki had a seaside, but I can definitely see a huge ferry boat from my hotel window. Heading for Talin apparently.

There's no snow, so I'm a bit worried about how Santa's going to get out of Lapland on his sleigh, but apparently its snowy up there.

It may not be snowing in Helsinki but its very dark. By the time I entered the meeting room in the morning the sun hadn't risen. Then at one point I said 'let's lift the blinds to let in some light' and there wasn't any.

The hotel, of course, has a sauna. I should take advantage of the facilities I suppose, but not sure I'm up to exposing myself to strange Finns. They may be shy, but they don't mind getting their kit off in public.

No comments: