Saturday, September 20, 2008













My Latest Self Development Book

I'm always on the lookout for books that help you re-think your life. This particular book was recommended to me by a friend so I decided to give it a go. As with most of these books, particularly written by Americans, you have to cut through the author's massive ego trip - 'I'm such a cool dude - makes you jealous, huh', and the 'kick ass, haul ass, way to go!' language.

Having said all that, I did enjoy it and found it very helpful. The basic messages of eliminating excess baggage in your life, automating and outsourcing the mundane and liberating yourself to focus on experiences are very sound and insightful. He's also very generous with his suggestions of additional websites/ authors to look up.

You won't want to read all of it as there is a lot of padding. However, I'd still recommend it as I'm sure most people would find some useful, practical advice within it. You might want to visit his website too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And would you believe I still have not finished my copy. I got distracted by The Wire!

Michael