Saturday, September 20, 2008

From Amsterdam to Dublin

I've not had time to blog anything this week. From Monday to Wednesday I was in Amsterdam, or more specifically the Holiday Inn outside Amsterdam. I've still not been around the city centre, despite visiting Amsterdam several times this year. Is it because I'm really too busy? Have I become bored with travel? Think the real reason is because I'm not a great solo tourist. What's the point of seeing something amazing without saying 'wow, isn't that amazing' to whoever you're with. Must get over this. Think I'm missing out.

Thursday to Friday - after a quick pit stop in London - I was Dublin. I spent most of my time going grocery shopping with Irish women. This was bone fide market research, nothing weird, honest. They were very chatty and I learnt loads. Really enjoyed it. Must do more.

3 comments:

James Franco said...

spending most of your time going shopping with Irish women.

Welcome to my life.

Rezina said...

ooh - accompanied shops. marvellous. Last time I did one of those was watching people buy washing machines. Hope you managed to get some shopping done too.

Tony said...

It was mainly frozen food so not the kind the thing I'd want to bring back to the UK!