Thursday, June 26, 2008



Karen's at Glastonbury
....and I'm looking after the kids for the weekend. About a week ago, I got an email from Glastonbury saying that tickets are still available. I found this really surprising. Usually tickets sell out immediately.
Why is this the case? Has Glastonbury become old / middle class? Are there too many festivals? Is it too expensive? Aren't the acts very popular this year? Is it the weather?
Will watch it on telly instead and see if I can spot her in the crowd. Apparently it's raining at the moment. Surprise, surprise

5 comments:

Rezina said...

Karen's such a hippie!
I heard the lack of interest this year was down to the headliner act being Jay-Z who wasn't considered Indie enough by hard core Galstonbury goers.
I've often thought about doing Glastonbury...but I'm handicapped by my allergy to tents and portaloos!

Tony said...

Well, Karen's in a spacious tippee with a flushing loo and nearby sauna. 5 star all the way! She Text'd to say she's seen loads of bands and is loving it all.

James Franco said...

Just watched Jay-Z perform his set at Glastonbury and he was brilliant.
Shame I chose playing golf over going to Glastonbury.

Rezina said...

Just seen Jay - Z too. Wish I was there. Karen's accommodation sounds very high spec. Didn't know Glastonbury did a luxury package. May have to quiz her when she gets back!

Tony said...

Karen has 'showbiz' connections ie Peter Duncan, ex-Blue Peter...which gave her access to the posh part of Glasto. Yes...I thought Jay Z was outstanding.