Monday, June 09, 2008

Great Article

Loved this article in Saturday's Guardian. Was written by Haruki Murakami, one of my favourite writers about why he runs. I had no idea that he was such an enthusiastic runner. I loved the quote 'pain is inevitable, suffering is optional'. Sooo true.

On average, I try and go for a run every other day. No matter how often I run or how much I improve, its always painful. However, if I don't run for a few days, my physical and mental well being begins to deteriorate, so I guess I've got to keep it up...no matter how painful.

1 comment:

ynot said...

It was cool that we sat down on Sunday afternoon and exchanged the same comments about that article! Rode the brompton to work this morning - got off - ran over two bridges and along the Thames both sides and felt good, repeat tomorrow! caio
(dont forget ynots-world.blogspot.com)