Tuesday, December 04, 2007

What I'm Reading

It's been ages since I read a great book. I liked dipping into the Alastair Campbell Diaries, but it was a bit too bulky to lug around with me whilst travelling. I had high hopes of Jake Arnott's 'Johnny Come Home', but didn't think was anyway near as good as 'The Long Firm'.

However, am really enjoying The Magician's Assistant by Anne Pratchett. At first, I wasn't convinced, despite Karen's recommendation. The story of a woman in LA who is mourning the death of her husband - who happened to be gay - didn't sound too promising. However, it's nicely paced with some likeable characters and is very moving.

Maybe I just like magicians. A couple of years ago I remember reading Carter Beats the Devil about the career of a 1920's American magician which was fantastic. Recommended.

No comments: