Sunday, April 29, 2007

How Depressing

Went to see Derby play Crystal Palace today at Selhurst Park. A crucial game that we had to win to have any chance of automatic promotion to the Premiership. Got my old Derby shirt out, met up with a couple of Derby friends and even took my daughter Mae in a last ditch effort to stop her supporting Chelsea.

Unfortunately we lost 2-0 and we were really poor. We have to rely on the play-offs which I don't feel confident about. Only consolation - may get a chance to go to the new Wembley.

Having said all this, it was great being with the Derby away fans. Great atmosphere, loads of REALLY LOUD singing. Nice to hear all the Derby accents too.

Whenever I see Derby, they usually lose. I'm obviously a bad influence. If we do get to Wembley not sure I should go. Wouldn't be able to bear the disappointment if we lose.

6 comments:

James Franco said...

They played like schoolboys.
You would think that a team who had a chance of playing in the premiership would play like their lives depended on it, not like a bunch of guys who are getting paid too much for doing too little, and dont care if they win or lose.

I saw them against Coventry and they were exactly the same.

Anonymous said...

In the end however, the mighty, mighty Birmingham steam rollered over all opposition.

Silvana said...

I am very disappointed with all this. Your blog led me to believe that Derby were top of the league and certs for promotion. Only it turns out that they are a bit rubbish after all :(

Silvana said...

And Mr Anonymous,
No-one likes a show-off!

Anonymous said...

we are top of the league, I said we are top of the league.

That's not gloating... it's just a fact..

good luck in the play offs, although I've a feeling Wolves might just pinch it.

Tony said...

Hi James - I was surprised at how poorly they played considering what was at stack

Yes Silvana - I thought we were dead certs for promotion but we've completely lost our form over the past few weeks.

And as for Mr Anonymous Brummie. You might be happy today, but its also a fact that you've won nothing in your entire history.