Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Holiday Reading

Just finished John O'Farrell's 'May Contain Nuts'. Essential reading if you're a parent living in South London and worried about what school to send your kids to. Brings to life some horrendously competitive middle class parents desperate to 'improve' their kids and outdo their so-called friends. Very OTT, but funny.

This is the third book of his I've read and they've all been really good. Loved 'This is Your Life' and 'The Best a Man Can Get' - which are even funnier than 'May Contain Nuts' . Because he lives in Clapham they've often got familiar settings which I really like.


He's obviously very clever as he's also the man behind NewsBiscuit

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just added newsbiscuit.com to my favourites. I had never heard of it. Very funny.

Tony said...

Yes, the stories appear almost belieavable, but are actually quite ridiculous

Anonymous said...

Toni, I was disappointed with the book. It began well but then I just found it ludicrous and not funny at all....and not just because my daughter is Y4 and we live in South London.

Tony said...

Karen wasn't very impressed with it either....