Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Snowboarding Lesson

Yesterday it snowed non-stop. Tons and tons of white powdery stuff covered the slopes. Perfect conditions for my snowboarding lesson. Dominic, my 19 year old teacher took me up on the nursery slope behind our apartment and taught me the basics of how to stand up, balance, turn and stop. I fell down lots of times, but there was always a soft landing.

Meanwhile loads of little kids from the ski school kept whizzing by trying to avoid me. Mae and Lia are loving it and making fantastic progress. Karen – after some coaching from Sally - looked cool and relaxed coming down the slopes. Klosters is a lovely place and can understand why it’s so popular with the rich and famous.

I managed to get down the gentle slope a few times. Today I’m on my own. Hope I can remember all the things Dominic taught me.

No comments: