Thursday, November 06, 2008

A Night Out in Warsaw

A very friendly bunch of clients gave me a tour of Warsaw last night. What I didn't realise was that during the war Warsaw was almost entirely destroyed. Although the centre looks old - and is referred to as the old town - it was completely rebuilt in the style of the original city.

After a walk around the very pretty town centre we went to a traditional Polish restaurant where I sampled a whole range of classic dishes but more importantly drank lots of the local beer and many shots of Polish vodka. I had no idea that the Poles are such big vodka drinkers. I do now. I always find that Polish people are great hosts. They're very open and friendly and made me feel very welcome.

After a long day, I'm now in the Lot Airlines lounge waiting to fly home. Somehow I got put in business class and am looking forward to some relaxation and pampering. As Frank once said..its oh so nice to go travelling, but so much nicer to come home...or words to that effect.

No comments: