Tuesday, November 04, 2008

In Warsaw

Arrived a couple of hours ago at the remarkably mild Warsaw airport. Walked a couple of hundred yards across the terminal to the Marriott hotel where I'm staying. Flight on Lot was fairly relaxed, but food wasn't great. Ordered a bowl of Polish soup via roomservice which was delicious and flicked through all the TV channels. All the usual suspects - CNN, BBC World, Eurosport, etc showing endless pictures of Americans voting. Can't find any Adult Channels (not that I'm interested, of course). Probably because its a Catholic country. They're normally free in Dutch hotels. Missed our Italian lesson tonight. Will need to catch up before next week.

Have got a taxi booked at 7.15am tomorrow to take me to the client's office. Think its near the city centre, which would be good. Have never been to Warsaw (although I have been to Poznan before) Hopefully I'll get a chance to look around a bit. Will miss the fireworks tomorrow on Clapham Common which is a bit of a shame.

Have finished my book - Bel Canto - which I continued to enjoy. I always need a period of reflection before I begin a new one. Can't get iPlayer so will probably go to bed now. Need a good night's sleep so I can get into 'the zone' for the training course over the next couple of days.

No comments: