Friday, September 11, 2009

Trevor Flynn's Sketchmob

Last night I went to my first ever Sketchmob event, organised by Trevor Flynn of Drawing at Work. About 15 of us gathered at the steps of British Musuem with our pencils and sketchpads and went to draw whatever we found interesting in one of the galleries. We all shared our sketches afterwards and Trevor gave us guidance and feedback. We all went for a drink afterwards. A lovely way to spend a Thursday evening.

Trevor's got a number of sessions lined up for the rest of the year - at the Tate, in Soho, where we'll work on different skills. I'm by no means an artist, but it certainly ignited an enthusiasm for the subject and I'm looking forward to future events.

I'm sure Sketchmobs are going to take off big time. Remember - you heard it here first!

No comments: