Monday, August 31, 2009

Back to Work, Back to Reality

After a final weekend in Tuscany, the laptop's on, I've dusted down my post-it notes and I need to sound sensible in meetings. The biggest challenge over the past few days has been to learn the lyrics to 'Viva La Vida' which we played non-stop on the car's cd. Didn't quite crack it (If I could rule the world...etc, etc) although Mae and Bev are word perfect.

Quite a nice re-entry into the working world. Took a train from Arezzo to Montreaux via Milan and am staying in the very posh Trois Coronnes hotel in Vevey - view over lake Geneva, posh toiletries, fluffy dressing gowns and chocolates on the pillow, etc. Will be here from a few days.

Had a quite kip in my room this evening, dreamt of bruschetta and tagliatelle. Dinner with client in a hour's time. Need to snap out of it....

No comments: