Thursday, July 23, 2009


Day 1 in St Louis

Am staying in one of my favourite hotel chains, the Westin, in downtown St Louis, right across the road from the St Louis Cardinals baseball stadium. Managed to get a decent night's sleep in my 'Heavenly Bed' and spent the morning visiting supermarkets to get products for our workshop tomorrow.

We've hired a big car so have been driving around the mean streets of the city with the help of my Garmin. St Louis is not what I expected. It's big and fairly industrialised and like most cities its quite divided. There's a lot of posh houses and nice parks, but equally there's quite a few poor neighbourhoods.

The city has a great reputation for jazz and blues, so may well go and seek some out this evening in a local bar. Its also home to Anheuser-Busch, so there should be some good beers on offer. Coldplay are playing in St Louis this Friday. Not sure whether I'll go or not.

Have already tripled my daily caloric intake after a huge breakfast. One of the best things about being in the States. However, am sure I'll have a steak this evening. I also really like all that 'have a good day' cheefulness. Puts you in a good mood.

No comments: