Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Life Drawing Class

On Sunday I went to my first ever Life Drawing class, run by a friend of mine Trevor Flynn who runs a company called Drawing at Work . Drawing, for many people – including myself - is a scary subject. It’s something we don’t do regularly and as a result we feel we can’t draw. I had no idea what to expect or what I would produce.

However, in the hands of a fabulous teacher like Trevor it becomes less scary and genuinely enjoyable. A lot of it is down to learning the ability to look, learning basic technique and lots and lots of practice. Staring at a naked body for several hours is not something I do very often.

Now, after one day I’m not going to pretend that I’ve got any real talent for drawing, but I do feel that I could improve and develop. However, as with most things in life there are no short cuts and to produce work of genuine merit is a lifetime’s journey.

If you’ve not done any drawing for a long time I can recommend you attend a drawing class – particularly one of Trevor’s.

No comments: